Friday, March 27, 2015

Be Not Afraid

"The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the strength of my life: of whom shall I be afraid?"  Psalms 27:1.  Fear will rob life of peace and happiness.  Fear will erode the spirit.  Fear will move us into a realm where we will lose our way.  Fear is disturbing.  In our world, we have many things that we could fear.  Ideological forces are at work in our society.  Natural disasters are constant.  There is the movement of life toward old age which causes many to fear.  Some fear the future because of the uncertainty.  We can find ourselves afraid because we fail to remove ourselves from the physical.  This passage speaks of a trust beyond this world.  The physical world offers no lasting security.  Peace can be destroyed in a heartbeat.  Our place with God is lasting as long as we choose.  Light, salvation, and strength come from the Lord.  The Lord is the author of light, salvation, and strength.  God sheds His light upon us.  God provides salvation from our enemies.  God gives strength in times of weakness.  The Lord offers a personal relationship.  The Lord is my light, my salvation, and my strength.  Is He yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment