Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Declaration of God

Yesterday was a beautiful day.  Of course, I have considered all my days to be beautiful.  Certainly, that is true now as I realize that I have fewer days.  All of us have fewer days to live.  That truth should give us a different perspective toward our life.  My wife and I watched a sunset.  The sky was absolutely gorgeous.  No painter's brush could have captured the exquisite beauty.  As I marveled at the hues across the sky, I thought of the majestic beauty of God's creation.  "The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament sheweth his handiwork."  Psalms 19:1.  In every flower that blooms and every cloud that gathers, God has announced Himself.  Behind the universe, there is a divine hand.  Happenstance did not bring us to where we are.  The world has a Creator whom we know to be God.  Stars shine in the night sky.  The moon reflects the light of the sun.  The cycle of life continues.  Everywhere and all about us, there is a beauty that cannot simply be described with words.  What else?  Who else?  The only reasonable explanation to my mind is God.  I look at the night sky and see God.  I look at the dew on the rose and see God.  In all that I see, God is present.  The world of life, and even of death, declares the presence of God.  How beautiful is each day of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment