Friday, November 7, 2014

Wayside Soil

"Those by the wayside are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved."  Luke 8:12.  Between my house and storage building, there is a well worn path.  The falling leaves cover the path each season, but footsteps reaffirm the path.  As I look upon that path, I am reminded of they who hear the word and never obey.  The devil is able to remove the word from their heart.  A multitude of hearts give heed to Satan.  God can find no place in their heart.  His word cannot find lodging.  I have never seeded this path, but even if I did, grass would not grow.  The continual walking on the path would beat down any sprouts of grass.  The word of God will never find lodging in the heart that gives heed to Satan.  Hence, that heart remains in unbelief and salvation remains unfound.

No comments:

Post a Comment