Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Serve The Lord Christ

"Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ."  Colossians 3:24.  Jesus is Lord and Christ by means of His resurrection from the dead.  Acts 2:36.  Jesus reigns at the right hand of God.  I Peter 3:22.  What a privilege to serve Him.  Jesus has called us to service.  We serve by example and command.  "Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.  If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye ought also to wash one another's feet.  For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you."  John 13:13-15.  Because Jesus served His Father, He was received up into glory.  Through our service to Jesus as our Lord, we will receive the inheritance.  As servants, we are heirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment