Thursday, October 16, 2014

I Called Upon The Lord

"In my distress I called upon the Lord, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears."  Psalms 18:6.  The sorrows of hell and death compassed the one in distress.  The floods of ungodly men made him afraid.  But, the Lord is a rock, a fortress, and a deliverer.  Our trust in Him causes us to cry unto Him when we are threatened.  We, because of our mortality, have no answer for our fears and our discomforts.  We are unable to steady ourselves.  We cannot see beyond the present moment.  God, in His temple, hears the cries of those who trust and love Him.  He leans His ear toward earth and listens for our cry.  He provides help to the distressed and comfort to the weary.  He is a stay in the darkness, and an anchor in the storm.  In our moments of weakness and weariness, let us call upon the Lord and cry unto our God.

No comments:

Post a Comment