Thursday, February 6, 2020

Keeper Of My Vineyard

"They made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept."  Song of Solomon 1:6.  We can become so engrossed in the affairs of others that we fail to take care of our own affairs.  Let's apply this passage to our spiritual welfare.  We can examine the lives of others while we fail to examine our own life.  They have been occasions when one would not be willing to follow Christ because they saw missteps in the life of someone who was following Christ.  The Bible passes the verdict that all stand in need of the grace of God.  Our need of that grace can be different from the need of another.  We are not all guilty of the same transgression.  Your weakness may be my strength.  And, your strength may be my weakness.  My own heart must receive my attention before I begin to consider the heart of another.  God will be the judge of all men.  Rather than keeping someone else's vineyard, I must attend to my own vineyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment