Thursday, January 26, 2017

I Love Thy Law

"O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day."  Psalm 119:97.  I love His law for it tells me of Him.  How else would I know of God and His nature without His word?  God reveals Himself in the pages of the Bible.  I love His law for it is a higher law than man's. It teaches me the grand concepts of love and forgiveness.   The Bible is a word of truth.  God does not and cannot lie.  The Bible is a word of light.  Within its pages, I receive guidance and strength.  The words of the Bible comfort me in times of sorrow, lift me up when I am cast down, and give me hope when all appears to be lost.  The Bible tells me of the greatest sacrifice that has ever been made in the cross of Jesus.  The Bible tells me of life beyond the grave.  The Bible tells me of the great conquest over evil and death.  God has spoken to humanity.  The Bible lifts us to a higher plane of life.  Purpose is born in the human heart above ourselves when we read the Bible.  A place called heaven is described in its pages that is prepared for the pure and the holy.  Oh, what a book.  There is none other like it in all the world.  Meditation on this law gives me joy, contentment, and peace.  I love the law of God and I meditate therein because it is God's will for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment