Friday, April 24, 2015

Nothing To Glory Of

"For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me if I preach not the gospel!"  I Corinthians 9:16.  Preaching is a charge that is God-given.  II Timothy 4:1-2 ; Mark 16:15.  Preaching the gospel is the vehicle by which God has chosen to reveal the message of salvation to lost mankind.  The apostle Paul was a "chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel."  Acts 9:15.  Those who preach are not to glory in their preaching, but rather, glorify the God who has entrusted unto them the "gospel of your salvation."  Ephesians 1:13.  Preaching carries a weighty responsibility for the preacher must "preach the gospel."  Only one message can be proclaimed.  God does not want men to be confused about grace, love, and faith.  The ship wherein lies redemption is the gospel.  The gospel is a word that can be authenticated.  Every preacher must be tested by divine truth so that the hearer hears only the gospel.  The passage shows the burden of preaching, but also, the glory of preaching.  The preacher of God's truth has the wonderful opportunity to help those in darkness find light and help those who are in the valley of despair find the mountain of hope.  The preacher brings "glad tidings of good things."  Romans 10:15.   

No comments:

Post a Comment