Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hear Ye Him

Jesus brings Peter, James, and John up on the mountain.  Jesus is transfigured or changed.  His face shines and His garment becomes white as light.  After Moses and Elijah appear with Jesus, Peter wants to build three tabernacles.  It is at this moment that God speaks, "This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased: hear ye him."  Matthew 17:1-5.  In these last days, God has spoken through His Son.  Hebrews 1:1-2.  The voice of the prophets is now silent.  Jesus, through His death, has ratified a new covenant.  Hebrews 9:15-17.  After the resurrection of Jesus, the Holy Spirit guided the apostles into all truth.  John 16:13.  The words of Christ have become the law by which we live.  Jesus taught, "If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him."  John 14:23.  When Jesus ascended into heaven, He declared, "All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and in earth."  Matthew 28:18.  Our spiritual lives and our relationship with Christ depends upon our willingness to hear Him in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment