Thursday, December 4, 2014

God's Will Concerns Us

The last part of the passage in I Thessalonians 5:18 states, "for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."  God has a will for us.  In Christ Jesus, this will is revealed.  The Bible is the book that is God's will for man.  Paul has made that will personal.  Oftentimes, we choose to think that the will of God is for others.  But, God's will concerns me.  The passage tells me of God's concern for me.  I am made aware of the personal relationship that God wants with me.  God wants me to pray unto Him.  God wants my heart to be filled with joy.  God wants me to give thanks unto Him.  God has chosen to make my life better and more fulfilled through His will for me.  His will helps me to know direction and purpose.  His will enables me to avoid the pitfalls and obstacles that lead me away from Him.  His will for my life is not a burden, but a blessing.  Regardless of what others might choose, I need to know that God has a will that concerns me.

No comments:

Post a Comment