Monday, July 27, 2015

God's Care of Sparrows

“Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God?  But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.”  Luke 12:6-7.  God has a care not only for the soul of man, but also, his human nature.  We are the product of God’s mind and His handiwork.  Therefore, He has concern for our well being.  “He cares for you.”  I Peter 5:7.
The Psalms reflect upon God’s care for us.  “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.”  Psalms 23:1.  “The Lord is my light and my salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”  Psalms 27:1.  Want, fear, and weakness are three of the major ills of our life.  And, yet, the   Psalmist tells us that God fulfills our needs so that we do not want; God gives us courage which removes our fear; from God we receive strength to overcome our weakness. 
Since we are valuable to God, He also should be valuable to us.  Through faith, we know of God’s care which causes us to love Him and trust Him.  God desires that we be mindful of Him as He also is mindful of us.  Because God has given us life, He desires that our life be full of His richness and blessings.  May we, as the Psalmist of old, see God in the light of His goodness and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment