Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Hasten To Help Me

"Forsake me not, O Lord: O my God, be not far from me.  Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation."  Psalm 38:21-22.  The Psalmist is troubled, bowed down, and broken as he remembers his iniquities.  All have forsaken him, and he stands alone.  His strength has failed him, and his enemies are multiplied.  His only help is in the Lord of salvation.  Surely we see ourselves in like manner.  Who can help us but God?  Let us make Him our salvation. We desire His nearness, and we seek His help in our time of need.  We beg for forgiveness.  We must not forsake Him so that He will not remove Himself from us.  Do not wicked men seek us?   But, God is greater than all the bands of evil.   Humility must take hold of us as the clouds of desperation gather about us.  We must come to the One who knows us and desires for us to cry unto Him.  Lord, hear us and close not thy ear.  His nearness is but a prayer away.  Our Lord saves those in distress, loneliness, and sin. Hasten to help me O God for I need thee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment